Free Meningococcal B Immunisation Childhood Catch-Up Program to END on the 31st of December 2019!
The South Australian Government funded Meningoccoccal B Immunisation Childhoood Catch-Up Program is currently available for:
- Children aged between 12 months to less than 4 years of age (as at 1 October 2018)
- Adolescents in Years 10 and 11
- Young persons aged between 17 to less than 21 years of age (as at 1 February 2019)
These State Government funded programs will end on the 31st of December 2019.
Continuing beyond the 1st of January 2020 the State Government will continue to fund Meningococcal B vaccine for the following age groups:
- Infants aged 6 weeks to 12 months of age
- Adolescents aged 15 and 16 years of age through the Year 10 School Immunisation Program
Private Meningococcal B vaccines will continue to be available for purchase for those not eligible for a State Government funded immunisation.
If you or your child is eligible for a government funded Meningococcal B vaccine, consider booking an appointment now – before the Meningococcal B Catch Up Programs come to an end!